Sunday, April 27, 2008

The missing comedies

So, I was discussing my list of 100 comedies with my wife last night. I knew before discussing it with her that we would have some differences as to what should be on the list and where - though probably not as significantly as my differences with Bravo's list. Talking with her, though, I remembered a number of other films that slipped my mind. I would like to present the following list for consideration and would love some feedback as to what the readers here feel should make the list, and what should be eliminated. As I mentioned in the previous post, I expect this list to evolve as I re-watch and remember films...

The Addams Family

Addams Family Values

Bringing Up Baby

Broadway Danny Rose

Cold Comfort Farm

Delicatessen

Duck Soup

The Hudsucker Proxy

The Gods Must Be Crazy

Kung-Fu Hustle

Little Shop of Horrors (musical)

The Muppet Movie

My Fellow Americans

Parenthood

Play It Again, Sam

Radio Days

Scrooged!

Take the Money and Run

Thank You for Smoking

The Thin Man (series)

2 comments:

Dave said...

Scrooged!...I love that film every Christmas. But I don't know if it's Top 100. Maybe 101.

I like that you're considering Delicatessen. That's going to be reviewed (eventually) for my top 100 Sci-Fi list.

Kevin Smith said...

I love Delicatessen, as well as the director's follow up - City of the Lost Children.

As for at least being considered - 101 is close enough for argument. I admit it's debatable - but it's close.