Friday, November 9, 2007

Memed again...

So my wife memed me. I have to come up with eight random facts about me...

1. I love football. I played and/or coached for approximately seven seasons. The same number of seasons that I ran track, and played in little league. This upcoming year will see me playing my tenth season of Australian football.

2. The only athletic endeavor which I have been involved with longer is the martial arts which I started around the age of twelve and practiced regularly until I was 31. After a six year hiatus I have started teaching Kung-Fu again on a weekly basis. All-told, I have been at it for 20 of the last 25 years.

3. Growing up I never thought I would live south of the Mason Dixon line for any truly extended period of time. Boy, was I wrong.

4. I miss Portland, ME and have been gone from the New England city for too long.

5. Every year that the Aussie rules season starts, I think "this year's gonna be the last." I've thought that for about the last four. It never seems to take.

6. My wife is a hobbit fetishist - that's how we ended up dating in the first place.

7. I have interviewed Steve Sabol, and Olympic participants Bela Karolyi, Shannon Miller (gymnastics), and Kate Sobrero (soccer).

8. Somehow my journalistic career has taken me from writing about sports to writing about beer. It's not bad work if you can get it.

As always, these things die here with me.

No comments: